Zenkaikon Forums


Official Zenkaikon Discussion Boards

Inochicon? - New Convention?

Any discussions welcome here!
Other groups/events welcome to post here with announcements!

Inochicon? - New Convention?

Postby Marauder122 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:50 pm

Anyone here thinking of going to Inochicon (http://www.inochicon.com)? It seems new but it is in the area!
Marauder122
n00b
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Re: Inochicon? - New Convention?

Postby Memorize That » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:37 am

Interesting. Hrmhrm. *waits for the flood of "this is a scam!" people* Like in 2007. 8D
Cosplays for 2010: Sebastian Michaelis, Nick (L4D2), Uchiha Itachi
Your Resident Memorize: Proving that you can scare people without getting kicked out since '06
"It's just like a popsicle, Bella." - This Isn't Twilight -
User avatar
Memorize That
Zenkaikon Cultist
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Honey Brook, PA

Re: Inochicon? - New Convention?

Postby mrgetalife » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:52 pm

Memorize That wrote:Interesting. Hrmhrm. *waits for the flood of "this is a scam!" people* Like in 2007. 8D


Which is always warranted for any new convention these days. So many of them pop up. My advice. Don't pre-pregister to any new con till the last minute, saving money is hard, getting a refund is even harder. IMO if an organization is serious about running a con shoudn't rely on pre-registration dollars to at least secure the facility for their first year. If they can't get the facility. Then the con's either too large, they picked a location too expensive, or wasn't meant to be. There are other costs involved but if you can't get step one out of the way you're already on the wrong foot. Also secondly is staff. Find out who's running the con and find out what other con's they've helped out on and at what level. The Anime con regional circuits are so mature at this point. You'd be hard pressed to find any reason to go with an all green crew.
mrgetalife
n00b
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:22 pm

Re: Inochicon? - New Convention?

Postby Ramothhe » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Hmm, interesting. Can't seem to find any information about who is running the event either.
Zenkaikon Convention Chair Zenkaikon 2014: 4/25-4/27 2014
Chair 2005-2006,2008-2013, Vice-Chair 2007
Delaware Anime Society:C.hief E.xecutive O.taku
DE/PA/NJ and beyond!:Check out our PA Chapter!
User avatar
Ramothhe
Con Chair!
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: South DE/MD area

Re: Inochicon? - New Convention?

Postby Marauder122 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:43 pm

I dunno... all they're asking for is for you to sign up if interested. I don't see them asking for money at all(Yet). I'm going to sign up and see what happens!
Marauder122
n00b
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:46 pm

Re: Inochicon? - New Convention?

Postby Memorize That » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:54 pm

mrgetalife wrote:
Memorize That wrote:Interesting. Hrmhrm. *waits for the flood of "this is a scam!" people* Like in 2007. 8D


Which is always warranted for any new convention these days. So many of them pop up. My advice. Don't pre-pregister to any new con till the last minute, saving money is hard, getting a refund is even harder. IMO if an organization is serious about running a con shoudn't rely on pre-registration dollars to at least secure the facility for their first year. If they can't get the facility. Then the con's either too large, they picked a location too expensive, or wasn't meant to be. There are other costs involved but if you can't get step one out of the way you're already on the wrong foot. Also secondly is staff. Find out who's running the con and find out what other con's they've helped out on and at what level. The Anime con regional circuits are so mature at this point. You'd be hard pressed to find any reason to go with an all green crew.


*shrugs* Been there and done that. Just saying. xD I was waiting for it. I'm not saying it's not warranted. I'm just saying it was coming.
Cosplays for 2010: Sebastian Michaelis, Nick (L4D2), Uchiha Itachi
Your Resident Memorize: Proving that you can scare people without getting kicked out since '06
"It's just like a popsicle, Bella." - This Isn't Twilight -
User avatar
Memorize That
Zenkaikon Cultist
 
Posts: 368
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Honey Brook, PA

Re: Inochicon? - New Convention?

Postby Kimichou » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:35 pm

Ramothhe wrote:Hmm, interesting. Can't seem to find any information about who is running the event either.

I was just going to say "I wonder whose running it...."
It would be nice to know who is actually running this convention so people have a better idea and don't get super skeptic. It helps attendees to know who is running cons.
(First thing I looked for when I clicked the link was an "About" page, if I'm not mistaken most cons have those or something similar).
Inochicon Cosplay Head
Otakon Staff
User avatar
Kimichou
Dragon Slave
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:18 am
Location: Somewhere...

Re: Inochicon? - New Convention?

Postby Ramothhe » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:55 pm

Kimichou wrote:
Ramothhe wrote:Hmm, interesting. Can't seem to find any information about who is running the event either.

I was just going to say "I wonder whose running it...."
It would be nice to know who is actually running this convention so people have a better idea and don't get super skeptic. It helps attendees to know who is running cons.
(First thing I looked for when I clicked the link was an "About" page, if I'm not mistaken most cons have those or something similar).


Yea, I don't think its the same people who are trying to get 'Azumacon' together. Inochi seems to have a twitter up as well but the 'Contact' page seems to be a form without other info about the chair and stuff. I guess people should email them and ask themto put up more information about themselves?
Zenkaikon Convention Chair Zenkaikon 2014: 4/25-4/27 2014
Chair 2005-2006,2008-2013, Vice-Chair 2007
Delaware Anime Society:C.hief E.xecutive O.taku
DE/PA/NJ and beyond!:Check out our PA Chapter!
User avatar
Ramothhe
Con Chair!
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:04 pm
Location: South DE/MD area

Re: Inochicon? - New Convention?

Postby Kimichou » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:19 am

The guy in charge just posted info about himself on the site. He's working really hard to pull something off as I've had some email contact with him.
Inochicon Cosplay Head
Otakon Staff
User avatar
Kimichou
Dragon Slave
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:18 am
Location: Somewhere...

Re: Inochicon? - New Convention?

Postby Kimichou » Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:39 am

Hello all, Inochicon has official dates and a location, go check out the site: http://inochicon.com!
Inochicon Cosplay Head
Otakon Staff
User avatar
Kimichou
Dragon Slave
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:18 am
Location: Somewhere...

Re: Inochicon? - New Convention?

Postby Kimichou » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:43 am

So Inochicon is coming along pretty good and will be at the Loews in Center City from Aug 27-29. Pre-reg ends today!! The site will be updated soon (con chair has been busy with talking to the Loews, etc).
http://inochicon.com

We also still need entries for the masquerade and hall cosplay contest:
http://www.inochicon.com/cosplay.html <---Rules
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewfor ... bVNKYWc6MQ <----Entry Form

We will also be taking entries at the convention, but so far we only have one entry online. Come on down if you can!!
Inochicon Cosplay Head
Otakon Staff
User avatar
Kimichou
Dragon Slave
 
Posts: 56
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:18 am
Location: Somewhere...


Return to Off-Topic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron