Zenkaikon Forums

Official Zenkaikon Discussion Boards

OTAKON 2009!!!

Any discussions welcome here!
Other groups/events welcome to post here with announcements!

OTAKON 2009!!!

Postby yesod » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Haven't seen one of these yet... and Otakon is just about a week away...
so here's the rundown...

WHO'S GOING?
WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS?
WHATCHA WEARING? (if you plan on cosplaying of course)
the panel list is up on the site and it looks like there are some interesting ones this year. what do YOU want to go see.

also feel free to chat about otakon crunch time if you want as well. i know i, for one, plan on sewing like mad for the next week.

as far as me? lets see... i usually look at the panels when i get to the con and see what i can and cant make it to. i dont often attend viewing rooms anymore unless theres something i REALLY wanna see.
mainly i want to work around my cosplay "schedule."
thursday we plan on getting there and getting our prereg badges, but im lazy and don't plan on cosplaying. friday it looks like ill be wearing my Ingus/summoner costume from final fantasy III and Kaltz from Lamento. depending on how tired we get, i might be up for checking out the possible friday midnight persona3 shoot. Saturday ill be in Thanatos from persona3 for a few hours during the day (i can only wear it for a short time) and then the rest of the day i hope to wear Ling Tong from Dynasty Warriors 6... IF i manage to finish it. Sunday is relax in geeky costumes day so ill be wearing Dan from Street Fighter. Its way more costumes then i had originally planned, and ill see how many i end up wearing... but that's Otakon for ya.

but yeah... OPEN OTAKON 2009 CHAT GOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
2008 Zenkaikon Security & Cosplay Staff
yesod
Great Otaku

Re: OTAKON 2009!!!

Postby gamergirlx » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:10 pm

WHO'S GOING?
me!

WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS?
To have fun, and have some good eats at the Cheesecake Factory. Swimming in the hotel pool thursday night. Delicious breakfast at a nearby pub. :) Hang out with friends, photograph cosplayers, ya know, all the usual things.

WHATCHA WEARING? (if you plan on cosplaying of course)
Nina Wong - My Otome
Juno - Persona 3
Onion Knight - Final Fantasy Dissidia
Chun-li - Street Fighter
Original Rave Medical Fetish Outfit. (maybe if I still have room to pack it. 2 pretty big cosplays already going so...

the panel list is up on the site and it looks like there are some interesting ones this year. what do YOU want to go see.
-Anything cosplay related since none of my other interests are listed on the program schedule so far. But will definately be watching the masquerade. And have a few photoshoots to attend. :)

-As for crunch time!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zenkaikon Cosplay Coordinator
---> FORUM RULES <---
---> CONVENTION POLICIES <---
gamergirlx
Head of Cosplay

Re: OTAKON 2009!!!

Postby yesod » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:37 pm

leaving for otakon around noon thursday.... looks like another ALL NIGHTER CON.
2008 Zenkaikon Security & Cosplay Staff
yesod
Great Otaku

Return to Off-Topic Discussion